Three.js Bug and Issues

Please post all bugs and issues with the three.js library here!

Hi all,

I’ve been made aware of an issue with the installer package for the three.js calibration driver for Mac, but I’m having trouble replicating it.
If anyone is having trouble getting three.js working on Mac, would you mind dropping me a line in this thread? Specifically the step where the website prompts you to run an installer.
Thanks very much! Hopefully it will be fixed before anyone has a chance to report a problem.

Evan

I’m having some issues with the Mac driver, not sure if it’s the same problem you mentioned. I copied over a demo project which works perfectly on windows. It prompts to install the driver (which I have), but doesn’t seem to be able to successfully find it and indeed port 11222 doesn’t appear to be in use (netstat -vanp tcp | grep 11222 shows nothing anyway). Here’s a screenshot if it may help:

I tried this on Vivaldi, Firefox, and Safari to the same effect.

Hi,

Yep, I think there is an issue with the current driver installer that copies to the system root directory instead of the user home directory.

Would you mind checking in /Library/Application Support/Looking Glass Factory/threejsdriver, and if it’s there, moving it to ~/Library/Application Support/Looking Glass Factory/threejsdriver?

Then restart and try running the app again.

This bug should be fixed in the next version!

Best,

Evan

Looks like that did the trick!

Unrelated question:

I wasn’t sure if this would go here or in feature requests, but it doesn’t appear that the LG generates keypress/keydown events from the bottom buttons, and the holoplay object doesn’t appear to have any functions or events that would indicate it handles buttons presses. Is there currently a way to detect input from the buttons that I’m missing?

Hi isk! I haven’t yet implemented that into the library as it requires a separate API. I’ll look into weaving it in next week, it shouldn’t take very long. In the meantime, you could implement it yourself using this!

Hi all,
When trying to download LKG_ThreeJsDriver.exe
from https://cabbi.bo/LookingGooey/
Windows says it has Virus called Win32/Zpevdo.B
I can’t find any other copy of the driver on looking glass page

Thanks for reporting this, fedemarino. We haven’t seen this issue before. The driver is quite a simple websocket that just allows us to pass calibration data to the browser. @esk any insight here?

This has been identified as an issue with Windows Defender. It has been listed by someone (incorrectly) as containing malware. We have submitted this as an error to Microsoft, but there’s unfortunately little we can do to enable people to download this via their browser. We’ll do our best to find a solution for new users!

For use going forward, look.glass/threejsdriver_win/ and look.glass/threejsdriver_mac/ will work to download the drivers!

Hi,

I have already posted another issue on GitHub: https://github.com/Looking-Glass/HoloPlayJS_Issues/issues
However, there is no response, but should I formally fill in here?

One more, holoplay.js and holoplay.min.js have CRLF which is used in windows only, it is not suitable for multi platform envs.
Do you have a plan to fix the source codes to LF?

Hi there! Apologies on the delay, I was out at a conference for a few days. I’ll look into your report today and get back to you, thanks for posting it!

1 Like