Looking glass presents as a 1280x720 display on windo 10

Hi. I am trying to set up my looking glass on a Surface Book. It doesn’t have HDMI output so I’m using an mdp to HDMI adapter. The panel presents as 1280x720 and I can’t increase the resolution. I have tried 2 completely different adapters.

I have also tried on a different machine with a full size DP to hdmi adapter on my gtx1080ti and same result.

Any help?

Windows 10 supports High DPI – make sure the LG display is set for 100% and not 200% (or however they enable High DPI in Windows 10).

It’s set to 100%. Has anyone actually ever had success using this with a graphics card that puts out mini/displayport?

This is what the settings panel looks like: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
The display shows 2 vertically stacked copies of the desktop on the left half, and the right half is black.

Hi,

You may need to use an active adapter.
Older DP/mDP adapters do not have the circuitry required to output resolutions greater than 1080p.
We recommend this one in the office.

Sorry for the inconvenience! This isn’t something we can fix, it’s a technical limitation of these older adapters. You can double check that the issue lies with the adapter by trying to output at full resolution to a 4K monitor or TV, if you have one.

If you don’t want to order any more adapters, you can double check that the Looking Glass works by using the included HDMI cable and plugging it into a full-sized HDMI port on your desktop machine - if that still causes problems let us know.

2 Likes