Looking Glass display issue dark/grey look on the corners and edges

Hi to All
i have one of the earliest looking glass. and i don’t really being using it to much…
i don’t really know when this start to come up but its seems the corners and the edges of my Looking glass are getting Darker and smokey look

Does anyone have had Same issues with the edges and corners locking darker an grey?

any ideas what to do ?

1 Like

Hi,

I received my Looking Glass last week, and after using it for 3 days, now I have exactly the same problem as this, can anyone help? It just appear suddenly while using it, no special acts involved.

Hey @adriaEricsson @fga

I’m really sorry to hear about this. The dark corner issues you are seeing is a known issue that happens in some Looking Glass systems that are exposed to high humidity for a prolonged period of time. Tests we have conducted before show that such dark corners are reversible when the system is stored in a lower humidity environment / space (around 30% relative humidity) for ~20 days. Can I quickly ask about the climate of the region you are using the Looking Glass in? (weird question, haha!) and the humidity levels of the location of usage?

We are currently testing a new version of the system that is free of such dark corner problem even under prolonged exposure to a highly humid environment but we’ll need another few months to fully resolve the issue. For the immediate moment, I would suggest you to store the system in a dry location if possible.

Should the dark corners continue to be unbearable in few weeks, please do get in touch with us again and we’ll arrange to send over one of the newer units.

I hope this helps and really sorry that you’re having this issue!

Hi Nikki,

Our office (Ericsson) is located in Kista, near Stockholm (Sweden), the Looking glass was only played for 3 days, is that a prolonged period of time? it was used inside the office so I don´t know about the humidity inside the office but should be around 50%, in summer in Stockholm the humidity can reach around 80%, to be 30% it is only in some months in winter so will be impossible for us to reach that 30% for 20 days. We store the Looking Glass inside a wooden cabinet inside the suitcase provided with the pack. So I don´t think we have high humidity where we store it neither were we played it.

Br

Adria

Greetings to All and
Thank you all for your Reply’s

@nikki
Now it is Very Clear for me. i Know how much some electronics devices can be affected by humidity.
In My case i have my looking Glass since October-2018 , i am at the moment living in
Ayutthaya - Thailand (since June 2018) and here the humidity average is ~85% temp: 26°C~42°C all year around.

• I use the looking glass at my home, in weekends free time , average 2-4 times per month , 1-2h max per use. Most of the time i keep it inside the looking Glass suitcase.

There is a possibility of i buy a small Humidity Cabinet and make some snapshots during some days to see if the looking Glass Gets improved/Restored…

But in my Case i would prefer to swap to the humidity resistant looking glass Version,
as I believe it would be very difficult for me to keep humidity levels bellow 30% … i am afraid it will return again to same state…

tell me your opinion and thoughts about it…
i wait for your reply,
kind regards
Fernando Almeida

1 Like

hi to all
in following instructions of @nikki using dry Cabinet to reduce the Humidity and try to reverse the dark grey look/spots

Starting 20h40 30-04-2019 *thailand time
the day of placing the Looking Glass in an Dry Cabinet for electronics…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Excited to see the results.

And definitely, I’ll reach out again when we have the new units ready for a swap out!

This problem just happened with my Looking Glass as well. I’m bummed.

I live in GA, USA

I’m going to try putting it in a dry cabinet for 20 days as recommended.

recieved the LG today - dark corners kicked in after 15 minutes

I have it too , I thought it was “normal”…
Then some people don’t have the black corners… I’m jealous !

We have had ours for less than 24hrs and are experiencing the same problem.

Unfortunately, we need to use it for a project and do not have the ability to store it and not touch it for 20days.

Can anyone tell me if it will get worse if we continue to use it?