Library connectivity

Hi all,
New user. HoloPlay TEST works fine. Library starts up and is draggable into the LKG. UI window starts up inside the LKG but can be dragged back into the primary display. I get stuck at “looking for the internet” even though I have connectivity to the LKG website for downloads and basic web. I suspect there’s a secondary port getting blocked or something - I’m behind a corporate firewall & proxy. Any suggestions?

Colin

Hello! Could you please send the following information to support@lookingglassfactory.com with a link to this post?

Thanks!
~Nolan

Done. TY for chiming in.

Hi Colin,
I recently had an issue with the library on a factory-fresh Dell notebook – apparently Dell comes with a bunch of additional security settings in addition to the regular windows settings. Can you try a quick test: right click on Library.exe and select “run as administrator”
My problem wasn’t exactly the same as yours, but this fixed the problem for me. Let me know if it works for you.

–alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion. Running library.exe as Admin helped, I could create an account and log in. I can see the first page of the library New Releases but if i click on the down-arrow/chevrons then I end up back at the “looking for internet” page and have to click BACK to get back to the new releases. I can cycle the carousel of the featured apps and clicking them gives a correct info box popup. I can start the download for an app but have yet to see one complete. When i mouse over the New Releases or a Featured App the GLK does show a holographic splash screen. I therefore think that most things are working, just need to figure out this browser/connectivity issue for the other pages.

Hey Colin,
Yikes! That sounds like a permissions issue plus something else – I haven’t seen that exact thing before.
Let me check with the library team today and see what they think. Can you please send over the version of the library you’re using – if you click on ‘settings’, you’ll see the version number at the bottom right of the screen.

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

It’s still “early access v0.5.0b2”

Colin

Hey Colin,

Thanks for your help in tracking down this bug and sorry for all the trouble. Can you please Run As Administrator and send the following to support@lookingglassfactory.com:

• Player log
  • The app/cache paths found in Settings > Advanced > Manage Download Settings

Thanks!
~Nolan

Hi Nolan,

I tried to send this just now but my Outlook is complaining “address is no longer valid” Here’s the information however.

Initialize engine version: 2018.2.21f1 (a122f5dc316d)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 (ID=0x1cbb)
Vendor:
VRAM: 4021 MB
Driver: 23.21.13.9103
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

• Completed reload, in 1.444 seconds
    Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead…
Input initialized.

Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.948400 ms
Current Library Version: 0.5.0b2

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

[HoloPlay] Config loaded! loaded from device memory

DoCommand: teardown

Running teardown

Cannot resolve destination host

Cannot resolve destination host

Failed to load data opt-opt status from https://data-optout-service.uca.cloud.unity3d.com/player/opt_out?appid=22741fac-e666-4500-b521-327a46899735&userid=6ce4651a3a2460040b1b9570fe196b61&deviceid=b4697f255c76ed95170233434cae13994c1fe924: Cannot resolve destination host

Cannot connect to destination host

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DownloadManager.ValidateDownload (UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest webRequest, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at DownloadManager+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0
at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in :0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at DownloadManager.ValidateDownload (UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest webRequest, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in :0

Thanks! We’re looking in to what could cause your connection problems. Is it possible to run on a network without a corporate firewall?

~Nolan

Hi Nolan,

Sorry i responded to Alex with the same question yesterday. On my home workstation using the same LG display I have no trouble at all, everything works, same library beta version.

My laptop is locked down though, even through my home internet it goes via proxy and application connectivity management tools. So I dont have a lot of expectation to get things working unless I can get it going first from my office. It does take a day or two to get things like ports opened, so if there are any permissions/ports/software tools that I can share with my IT ahead of your updates that would help.

COlin