In Unity the preview is on the wrong screen

I work on Windows10/GTX1070. The problem is, no matter what I do, the preview ends up on my main screen and does not go to the looking glass. In the display settings The LookingGlass is [ 1 ] the main monitor is [ 2 ]. I can not change that. It does not matter if the LookingGlass is left or right. The LookingGlass overwrites somehow what [ 1 ] was befor - I can not change this.

Is there a way to manually change something? It would be enough, to move the preview window by numbers, but I can not find a option to do that.

I work with the latest version of the SDK, it is 1.2, just downloaded it. Would love to know what I could do, have to finish a project right now, so there is also a bit of pressure :confused:

1 Like

I also have this error in the console:

[Holoplay] No LKG display detected UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object) LookingGlass.Holoplay:OnEnable() (at Assets/Holoplay/Scripts/Holoplay.cs:190)

I’ve had similar issues when developing for looking glass. You should enable the resolution dialog box, since it lets you pick the monitor that it displays on. Additionally, I found that changing the display of the looking glass in Unity helped. At one point I remember realizing that the display it was displaying on was technically #2 according to Windows, but in Unity I was having to assign it to #1.

Once you’ve enabled the resolution dialog box and picked the right monitor, rebuild the program without the resolution dialog box and Windows will remember which screen to open you program on automatically.

Hmmm that error is strange. You’ve enabled the hololens preview under options (i believe that’s where the setting is - one of the drop down menus at the top of the UI)? You plugged both the usb cable and the hdmi cable into your computer? Additionally, you’re using the special camera that comes with the looking glass sdk right?

have you tried running the demo games that come for free with the looking glass?

Same problem…