Faulting application name: HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7.exe

Hello everyone,
I’m trying to get the test scene running on our new unit, and am running into a problem. This is being run from a Windows laptop that should be up to date. The unit itself turns on correctly, and I’ve been able to extend my screen to the unit per the Getting Started guide. I see my desktop on the unit, and the resolution and zoom are set correctly.

However, when I download the test scene (which seems like it downloads okay), unZip it and then run the HoloPlay-Test app, I see only a brief loading splash (with a red box with an exclamation point on it), and then the window disappears. When I look in my event viewer, application log, I see entries like the following:

Faulting application name: HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7.exe, version: 2018.1.9.52265, time stamp: 0x5b7bd929
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.9.52265, time stamp: 0x5b7bdab8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000010c49e6
Faulting process id: 0x4734
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b35e6598ffa5
Faulting application path: C:\Users\mjbernha\Documents\HoloPlay\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7-WIN\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\mjbernha\Documents\HoloPlay\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7-WIN\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 29a5b2f6-97cb-46e7-95d7-a9e842bb8c3c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried rebooting my laptop, and the problem still persists.

Thanks,
Matt

I was able to get a screenshot of the loading screen, showing the exclamation mark (which seems like the indication of a problem?)

Hello,

This looks like more of a Unity problem. Can you make sure:

1. You can run other Unity 2018 programs;
  2. After unzipping the file, you have not moved the files outside of the folder?

Thanks.

kelly
Looking Glass Factory

I downloaded the Zip archive, moved the entire archive to a location outside of my downloads folder, extracted it (respecting internal file structure from the zip archive), and ran the files from there - which is the same process I use for downloading other content.

As for Unity, I don’t have any version of Unity installed - I didn’t note that it was required for using this device, but maybe I missed it somewhere. I’m downloading the personal installer now, which looks like it may take some time to complete. I’ll post back when I know if that helps or not.

Installing the personal version of Unity didn’t work - the test environment still crashed, with basically the same error log entry

Faulting application name: HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7.exe, version: 2018.1.9.52265, time stamp: 0x5b7bd929
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.9.52265, time stamp: 0x5b7bdab8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000010c49e6
Faulting process id: 0xdac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b426d49e41d5
Faulting application path: C:\Users\mjbernha\Documents\HoloPlay\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7-WIN\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\mjbernha\Documents\HoloPlay\HoloPlay-Test-0.2.7-WIN\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: a5a7fefe-7dbf-464b-a898-2b915ad4df30
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Is there an example of something you’d like me to run that would provide a useful comparison point? Would any game built with Unity suffice? I confess that I don’t know what is built with Unity versus something else, so I’m at a bit of a loss for what else I can do at the moment. I’ll check with a colleague to experiment further.