The Obligatory *Introduce Yourself* Thread!

Thanks! I have returned to Massachusetts already though. I will take a look at the SDK regardless.

Hi I’m Nick!
I’m from Maine!

I’m captain of Code for Maine (code for america network) so I’m into CIVIC TECH and CITIES!

I went to the hologram hackathon and I made HOLO JENGA (experimental builds section of forum)

I’m on Twitter: @nickkauf

I want to make civic tech and urbanism holograms

I’m new to programming but experienced in urbanism/sociology/talkingtoppl. I want to learn more Unity, JS, etc

Those wiggly HOLOJENGA pieces have totally ruined my wooden Jenga gameplay. Thanks Nick.

gotta figure that glitch out! it seems like the blocks are scaling from some null point outside them when they move within rigid body physics

Hi all,

Nice meeting you. I am Chen. I am an iOS audio and video developer currently working for small start up company named Vinyl Dreams, which should be launching a music creation app anytime soon.
I also love compression algorithms and their concepts, like JPEG,MP3,MPEG 4 etc, and for this reason I found Looking Glass on my searches (Volume display) of implementing a real 3D compression algorithm (for RGBA pixel information on a 3 dimensional matrix). My first steps can be found on my project here
Unfortunately, technology for such a display doesn’t exist yet, but I hope that my file format and compression methods for this futuristic device, will be helpful in the future.
I look forward to keep in touch with you all and follow the progress of any volumetric and holographic displays and ideas.

Holy crap! Impressive! :smiley:

Hey I’m aaron, i write a lot of code, webapps, some native. I’ve always been an oil painter, but last few years I’ve really been getting into 3D modeling/animating, most recently in ZBrush and Unity. Just starting to work on an AR cartoon. I also make a lotta music over at

Love the space and work y’all are making over there at the Looking Glass, i sometimes live in greenpoint so I wanna come by again sometime!

Cheers, love, peace,
Smokey :tornado:

Welcome Aaron! Glad to see you on here. And we’ll noted on your activity/comments. :wink: Thanks bro.

Josh, Aaron, and I spent some time together at Aaron’s studio IndieCade weekend. He is most welcome in the hacker hangout.

Hello All,

My name is Santiago Alfaro, I’m a Research Scientist with Intel Labs. I’m interested in the UI challenges of interacting with holograms.

Design is my forte, not so much the coding so I’ll be asking a bunch of questions here.

Welcome Santiago! ^ _ ^

Ask away.
Let us know what you discover haha