Combining 32 views

Can anyone tell me how to combine 32 views into 1 view?

I just need to know the core information such as below.
Block size in width and height. The arrangement of the pixels of each of the 32 views in the block.

My goal is to use After Effects and use custom masks(R,G,B seperately if necessary) to combine all of the 32 views into 1.

I could figure this out manually(slowly)… but I am trying to save time…

Do you mind being more specific? We do have a map of the 32 views as one texture that we use for processing, I’ll attach an example to this post. Are you asking for access to that raw texture? In most apps, you should be able to hit the F6 key and it will print a screenshot of that to your desktop.

The views go from the bottom left as the leftmost view, to the top right being the furthest right. Like this:

28  29  30  31
24  25  26  27
20  21  22  23
16  17  18  19
12  13  14  15
 8   9  10  11
 4   5   6   7
 0   1   2   3

My intention is to process the raw texture(regardless of size of the individual) of 32 views within Adobe After Effects -> Create 2560 x 1600 video file -> playback full screen on HoloPlayer One. I suppose I could create 2048x2048 video file instead(arranged according to the information you sent me). Then send it to Unity3D to handle the processing.

The reason for creating a video file to begin with is that… I do have sixteen 3D video cameras which are synchronized. I get exactly 32 views. This is why I ordered the HoloPlayer One as soon as I was offered.

My question was… how the processing of the raw textrue was done in Unity3D. It is not a Unity3D specific question though. I only have the experience with barrier strips 3d displays and not so much on lenticular 3d displays. Barrier strips displays use subpixel(RGB) to extend the resolution of the monitor by three folds. Then it overcomes the color problem(caused by subpixel grouping, or scatter) by skewing the barrier strips just a little bit.(To evenly distribute R,G,B) Preparation is important hence. And it all depends on the monitor’s hardware specification. How individual physical R,G,B subpixels are arranged(to form 24bit RGB pixels), thier size, etc.

Here I made a conceptual explanation of my question.(But only in single horizontal line.)
0,1,2 becomes the first view, 3,4,5 becomes the second view, etc.
But 0,3,6,9… get only the red pixels.
So there must be a method like the barrier strips 3d displays use.
Barrier strips 3d uses patterned arrangedment(in width and height) to overcome the color problem.
Please check and let me know.
Thank you for the reply~~~

Processing the raw texture in After Effects wouldn’t be recommended, as each HoloPlayer has a different configuration file which determines how the 32 views are processed before being sent to the screen. Creating a 2048x2048 movie and feeding that through the processor in Unity is the best way to go for now–I’m not sure if you can use a movie texture in place of a render texture for post-processing with a shader though. I was actually just about to try experimenting with that today. We might have to point a normal Unity camera at a quad playing the movie texture, then process that. I’ll reply here with results once I can get that working.

You are pretty accurate in your description to how the system actually works. We use a slanted lenticular. I’m not familiar with barrier strips but the idea is exactly the same. Like I mentioned above, because each system’s lenticular overlay is affixed with some variations between systems, the post-process to split up the sub-pixels to screen uses different calibration values for each system.

46 AM
(this image is not true to how ours is set up, since it has only a few unique views per lenticule and ours has capacity for roughly 40, but the slanting is the same as ours)

I have used Unity3D before, but have not used it for few years…
So it is going to take some time for me to do things intended all by myself.
Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Currently I am still building the rig for live video shots.
And by the time you will provide the ‘2048x2048 video to Holoplayer One’ example for the community, I should be ready to convert the footages, then have fantastic grin on my face! Thank you in advance Kyle!

Less than two dollars each. Now I am looking for 16~32 ch DVRs.
Building the rig with sixteen 3D cameras is now canceled.cams
I am working towards getting realtime display!

Looking forward to this.

Hi Kyle,

Here is a photo of that camera thing in progress.

I also acquired a 32ch dvr that outputs 4k.

Thirdly I bought ‘AVio 4K’ capture device which enables custom resolution scaling by hardware.

Since there would be calibration needed for each of the 32 cameras, I may have to use another computer for all that… then send the clean 4x8 matrix texture-to-be video signal to another AVio 4K device.

I became very busy lately… So there will be weeks until I can send you a test file. But my goal is for the Unity3D to grab the videos in realtime. AVio 4K is recognized as a HID(driverless anyway) device.

Happy hacking!